22.11.05

Her Majesty Queen Noor

I just got an email from Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan. It was in response to an email I sent her. They had those bombings over there in Jordan a couple of weeks ago and I felt bad.

I have a degree in International Relations with an emphasis in the Middle East, so I already know quite a bit about Jordan, but I had just finished reading Queen Noor's Book about her life with King Hussein. Queen Noor was an American and met her husband King Hussein while working in the Middle East after college.

Anyway, I decided to send her an email with condolences on the recent bombings in Jordan. Most people don't realize this, but this is probably the first time they've had bombings in Jordan. Jordan has been an oasis of calm in the Middle East...partly because historically Jordan is the protector of Palestine.

Queen Noor emailed me back to say she was most grateful for my kind message regarding her deceased husband, that she appreciated my kind words about her book and was most touched by my words of consolation and support regarding the recent bombings.

I almost deleted her email because at first I thought it was spam. You know, I thought it was one of those, "Dear Mr... I inherited 10 million dollars from my warlord husband in Africa and I would like to arrange a business deal with you..." Fortunately, I noticed in time that it was legitimate.

How nice of her to reply. I didn't really expect any response because I'm sure she's quite busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home