22.3.06

The White House is Not a Frat House, Mr. President

I was driving to work yesterday morning listening to NPR (National Public Radio) on KCPW as I do every morning when they tuned in LIVE to the press conference with Pres. George W. Bush.
I was so proud of Helen Thomas who posed the question, "I'd like to ask you, Mr. President, your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounded Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is, Why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, your Cabinet officers, former Cabinet officers, intelligence people and so forth .. but what's your real reason? You have said it wasn’t oil, the quest for oil; it hasn't been Israel or anything else. What was it?" WOW! Way to go Helen!
But then Bush gave the typical politician's answer where you talk around the question, but never answer it, of course.
The thing that was most annoying and creepy was how he kept laughing throughout his answer and while answering other questions. He was talking about soldiers, Americans dying and LAUGHING!
I so wanted to be there, to be Helen Thomas or some other reporter with the moxie to stand up to the President and chastize him. I'd say, "Mr. President, this is not a frat house. We're not your fraternity buddies. This is not a joke. Thousands of people are dying because of your little prank."
I don't mean to disparage fraternities, so if you're in one don't get upset. I was in one in college, too. My point is, Bush was infamously a frat party boy and he still acts like one. It's disgusting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I totally agree! Bush is aimless frat-house loser.

27/3/06 13:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats wrong with fraternity men? They have led the country since fraternites existed.

19/7/06 14:51  
Blogger Stenar said...

Did you read my entire blog entry? Obviously not. There's nothing wrong with fraternity men. I was one myself. The point is, there is a time and place for everything. Acting like you're at a frat party while giving a press conference in the White House is not the proper place and time for that kind of behavior.

19/7/06 15:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home